Pages


Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Happy

It has been an exciting 24 hours. I say that tongue-in-cheek. I am such a spaz sometimes. I become so focused, consumed, and tunnel-visioned with the most ridiculous stuff. The internet went out yesterday afternoon. This was after all of the hullabaloo with my new template and no links. I still have to figure that one out, every time I try to change it to a new color or italicize my words it wipes out my links and comments, but I digress. sort of. So I was already stirred up over that, I wasted too much time on it then I find in the middle of the day nothing is loading. I wait a couple of hours, hoping. I have 2 assignments due. crap.

So I call comcast. I have no bill, they are not in the yellow pages, and I have no internet to look them up, so I dial 1800comcast and sure enough, there they are. So the guy has me unplug my router so he can "look at" my modem. hmmmmmm, not seeing anything, it must be a bad modem or something outside of the house, he has to send someone out but not until tomorrow.

Tomorrow?!?!?!?

I deduce that if it is the modem, I should save some time by trying that first, so I go to kmart to buy a new modem. Not sure if anyone goes to our kmart for electronics, but if you are planning on it, save yourself the time and go to best buy. They had nothing.

SO I buy some pantry organizers (I am a new flylady remember) and leave. I answer my phone and curse and spit at my husband. Poor guy, it isn't his fault. (at least I don't think so).

I go home resigned to just wait until tomorrow. Maybe I can do my assignment with the books I have, save it to a file and upload it from a friends house. I am looking forward to the comcast guy coming, he is always so friendly. We have had several dealings with him since moving. My contractor even gave him the name "Happy" when they were working here. *dripping sarcasm*

So Jeff comes home early and volunteers to take the kids to Wal-Mart to get a new modem. I agree and there is a riot. "I DON"T WANNA GO!" "I WANT YOU TO GO MOMMY!" Then Jeff mentions chinese buffet and I relent.

SO off we go to Sayre. I have no work done whatsoever. But hey, chinese is involved.

We get home and I resist the urge to fiddle with setting up the new modem. We decide that since it is so late we will wait until happy gets here to see for sure before we open the new modem. Jeff monkeys with it a bit, resets it or something to no avail.

This morning I go in and plug the router back in, the lights come on and I have internet.

I call the nice guy back at comcast to cancel Happy. I can only hope the cancellation will reach him in time so as not to disrupt his day, and also so that I don't have to give him the news that I don't need him anymore when he shows up at my door.

I am out the door at 11:35 to pick up my drycleaning and head to Scranton. All is well and no Happy. My day at the new practice is good, very different than from where I was, but good. I am looking forward to being there, however the drive is a bit killer, about 1hr40min. But it is temporary. It got me thinking about a lot of stuff (the drive), but that will have to wait until another blog. The natives are starting to circle...

4 comments:

  1. My prior experiences with Comcast tell me that even if you had not called them, Happy would not have shown up because they would "have no record of an open ticket" for your residence. Comcast sucks...plain & simple. Read this article about Mona Shaw (she's a local celeb down here)

    http://monashaw.org/blog/2007/10/22/taking-a-whack-against-comcast-mona-shaw-in-the-washington-post/

    You never mentioned the best part...how was the Chinese???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had to change your template again, huh? Do you think it's because you have this pop-up kind of comment thing? could that be interfering? Altho I think it's interesting that housewife could comment, but I couldn't!!

    Anyway! :) I didn't realize you were going to Scranton for your future internship! Was this the first meeting? How many days a week do you have to do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Happy has been around since it was Adelphia. I haven't had too much to do with them once we got everything installed and settled, but every time they come it is always him. I didn't know they had a reputation for sucking.
    Anyway, I have no idea why it was out, what I do know is that the tech wouldn't have been able to "see" my modem once he had me unplug the router cuz that is how the internet is routed through to the modem. No power to router, no ethernet connection to modem, no seeing the activity at comcast central. Doh! ANd the Chinese was yummy

    I did change my layout and it allowed comments for a while. It was fine when I went to bed last night, then I got your email Tiff, this morning. I don't know what happens. I don't htink it is my comment box because all of my links are disabled as well. This plain white is b-o-r-i-n-g. But it seems to be the only way I can keep my links open. I should have left well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, sorry. 2 days a week Tiff. for a total of 20 weeks there. That is if it the first 10 go well. :)

    ReplyDelete