Pages


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FLYing

I have decided to reign in the CHAOS. Do ya wanna know what that is? Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. Plus I generally have a lack of routine and organization. So I joined flylady. Some of you know her, I met her once years ago, but she was too hardcore for me at the time. Well, I need to develop some monotony (just kidding) but I do need a routine, and after having a blogiscussion with the housewife about lack of structure at home, I decided to look her (flylady)up again. I am taking my own approach to this so far, but I am going to start her daily routine very soon. I just had to get a jumpstart on the kitchen and let me tell you, it hasn't been this clean since we moved in. I just have the floor to do. I took almost 3 huge trashcans full of junk out of just my kitchen. scary. I even inventoried all foodstuffs to mealplan. I KNOW!

So, I have been doing that for 2 straight days, no interruptions, no plans. It amazes me how much time a house takes. I just want to not always feel like I am cleaning and then having it all undone seconds later. So this is really a change in habits, not a cleaning style. It will hopefully go better than weight watchers. I am not a huge fan of delayed gratification or deprivation. Now is better. ya know?

The next 2 days will be devoted solely to psychopharm, then off to my clinical site in Scranton on Friday.

Then as far as we all still know, my BIL is getting married on saturday.

Then another week of FLYing, psychopharm, then that next saturday my family and I are off to the Bahamas bay bay! Then I return to take my retched final exam. Then 2 weeks of freedom, sweet, sweet freedom.

3 comments:

  1. your BIL, as in Glen(n), getting married? I think before he gets married he should divorce that mustache...did I just say that? (or maybe he already has...I'm just going by your snapfish photo from last year or whenever).

    Good for you, FlyLady T. I do a lot of freecycling and you would think that for the amount of stuff that I get rid of, I would be organized...everyone seems to think that about me and I'm not sure why. I guess I have a well organized, put together, personna.

    On another note, have you ever done a Beth Moore bible study? If so, what are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The flylady, huh? She's pretty hardcore. I can't get past the having to wear shoes in my own house. :) No, I've only dabbled with her and she has some good ideas. I guess I just never made her philosophies my own, and I think in order to really be successful at things like that you have to really want it and get it. (Yeah, WW is like that, too. Maybe that's why I'm about 50 pounds overweight!) You'll have to tell me how it goes and if you have some things that are keepers. I get SO sick of the doing and doing and doing and doing. Blech!

    Housewife - I'm jumping in your conversation. :) I haven't done a Bible study of Beth's but we watch her DVDs in Sunday School all the time. They are phenomenal. She has a wonderful gift for sharing the truths of God's Word. I can only imagine her Bible studies are wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done a Beth moore study, the girls in Sunday school all love her though. I know she has a website and maybe even a blog. I think Irrational love has a link.

    Yes, my BIL is exactly the same, but that is pretty funny.

    Tiff-I am not sure I can make the switch, but I am going to try. The testimonials of how it is effortless to keep your house clean after a few months have me hooked.

    ReplyDelete