Pages


Monday, June 16, 2008

relax

this day has been exhausting, relieving, fun, nostalgic, and exciting. I started off with the most stressful exam that I have taken since boards. The dreaded head to toe demo. i passed. then the standardized patient. the old lady that was my patient couldn't have been nicer. it was so intimidating at first. you go into the room like ou are entering an exam room with a patient ready to be examined. you interview them, figure out what to examine, what tests to order, and then diagnose. NOT graded or pass/fail=little stress. then we leave and go back in after 20min or so and they tell you what you did poorly at, what you did right, and what you failed to do at all. she was like my grandma! "oh teresa, you did a great job...but you didn't ask about my marriage..." "you have such a comforting face (lol) and are such a good listener, you didn't act shocked at all when I told you about how much I drank." I loved her! the other girls didn't fare as well, at least with the kindness and approval of their SP's.

Then we were done! My lab partner and I had the same schedule so we were both done (and we are both psych) at the same time. she was stuck in the city so we decided to celebrate. Then Jill was on her way and met us at the pub. We sat outside and had beers, cosmos, and laughs. It was great. Vicki (lab partner, and cute as a button) was waiting for her husband to get off work, then we walked her down to Merrill Lynch, then Jill and I had a great Thai dinner.


Overall, it was a great day to get that awful exam over, not have to be "remediated", to be moving on with the fun parts of school this week, and to see Jill again (and to have another dinner date on Wed!). I love it here.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like it's not as bad as you had imagined it being...good for you!

    I know you have probably posted this before, and I'm not trying to be ignorant, but what is it that you are back in school for? Strictly your masters or something else along with that?

    Enjoy your time & g☺☺d luck with the rest of your tests & whatever else you have going on. I wish that I had only a fraction of the ambition that you have...can I rub your belly or something next time I see you?? hahaha anyway, you're awesome! And, I use you as an example to Bryn frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!!!

    I'm so proud of you!

    Although you get one step closer to your goal and turn into a total lush, without any of us around to take notes for future blackmail - what the heck! (I'm basing the consumption of "two drinks and dinner = total lush" on personal experience, another reason why Tommy's glad I wasn't in the dating pool after my eighteenth birthday!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you! :) I'm glad you had such a sweetheart for your examinee. A little gift from God. ;)

    Enjoy the rest of your week. Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete