Pages


Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring

I am sharing this from a FLYlady email. It just made me really thankful for not only the beauty and grandeur of our natural world, but also grateful for the (so called) simple things.


Spring-

What if we had to pay for it?

I imagined Terry [authors husband] saying,

"Pam, we have to talk."

"What?"

"With the economy the way it is right now, we just don't have the
money to pay for a full blown spring. So you're gonna to have to make
some decisions about what you absolutely have to have bloom as far as
your roses go and we REALLY have a tree dilemma!"

"A tree dilemma? What d'ya mean?"

"I mean you're gonna to have to pick which ones you want to leaf out
and which ones we can leave bare. We can't afford to pay for them
all. Like I know how much you love the walnut tree, but do you have
any idea how many leaves have to go on just that one tree to fill it
out? And then there are the birds."

"What about the birds?"

"We just can't afford to bring `em all in this year. Do you realize
how much it costs to travel these days? So again, you need to decide
which birds you can do without out. You can choose ONE. Pick a bird."

"Pick a bird?"

"That's what I said."

"But I need my Rufus's, and the robins and the finches and the
chickadees and my quail and my crows and those little "walnut" birds
(they're really called bushtits but I don't like that name) oh and I
have to have my blue birds!"

"I wish we could afford all of `em, Honey, but just take those blue
birds for example, they ship from 3,000 miles away! And as much as
you love the robins, the cost of feathers (especially red ones) has
gone up 150% in the last year. Oh and those humming birds you love so
much are energy guzzlers and we just can't afford to have them this
year. Pick a bird."

When I came out of my fantasy dialogue I was filled with gratitude!
Spring is FREE! ALL my trees get to leaf, ALL my roses get to bloom,
ALL my birds get to come, ALL my chipmunks, squirrels, deer, bob cats,
elk, yes and even bear and cougar will be enjoying a very free spring
right along with me.

Thank you God!

7 comments:

  1. p.s. And as much as I love Spring, I love YOU all more. You are my favorite people in the whole world. You are my reason for breathing.

    p.p.s. Thanks for buying my expert purple dusters. I needed the extra cash. Have you ever tried my super duper sink cleaner? You'll never want to put another thing in your sink AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) It was a nice e-mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been told you that you are no longer speaking to me, and if I want to contact you I should do it via your blog.

    So, how are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pretty, pretty story. I get nothing but grief... That's it, I am going back to more cynical commentary.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little dazed and confused.. What is Tiff talking about? Nevermind. I don't want to know.

    ..For what its worth I thought this was a sweet note. Soo glad I don't have to pay for nature!

    ReplyDelete