Pages


Friday, April 4, 2008

what to do...what to do....

I have neglected my blog. I miss it, but I have been keeping up pretty well reading all of yours, even if the comments are few. I am a bit obsessed right now with my new macbook and the new photo equip I have acquired over the past few weeks. It is so exciting! I can barely do my FLYlady (and sadly, my house shows it). Also, classes have started back up. Diagnostics and assessment this term. It is sort of the final didactic training for checking someone out, head.to.toe. There is also a lab component, to which I say, crap.

Now, it only stands to reason that you should have to demonstrate your ability and hopefully proficiency at assessing and diagnosing someone. What I am worried about is that female internals and paps are a part of the curriculum. This could be a deal breaker people. I have no interest whatsoever in either simply doing a onetime demo to prove I can do one, nor do I ever want to incorporate it into any type of healthcare I practice in the future.

Moreover, I do not wish to be the "mannequin" for my lab partner.

Good thing I am interested in learning photoshop. Maybe I could do some freelance graphic design, or *gasp* maybe even some photography. Heck, I would rather do just about anything than look at, "inspect", palpate, or culture someone's crotch.

I know, I know....we all need comprehensive healthcare. I am all for that. I just want someone else doing that part.

I am in psych for crying out loud.

Well, I suppose I will find out what my fate is soon.

Other than that, I am immersed in my tech, and gearing up for the rest of the class. I am thinking about learning a new language too, I just can't decide which one. Spanish is most practical and I have a bilingual friend who is fluent. She could talk to me in Spanish and help it along. The only thing is, I would much rather learn French or Italian. hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

5 comments:

  1. I decided to brush back up on my French last year (I was in French public school for a year and used it the whole time we were in Africa - the language of the younger set), bought a rudimentary cd audio set with workbook at B&N, and loved it - that whole part of my brain said "thank you, thank you, thank you!"

    Still, I think it would be better to have a real-life tutor - if you hear of anyone who would offer adult classes, let me know! (B&N also carries a gorgeous French language style magazine.)

    (I took Spanish through high school and college, but the most fluent I ever found myself was the year we had an exchange student living with us when I was a senior - we shared a room - and there's nothing like the real thing, every day!)

    As a means of sneaking a little more into the boys lives, I have Spanish and French language magnets on either side of my fridge (also found at B&N) and I write messages for each in their respective language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love you.. This made me laugh out loud. Literally. There may have been a snort too, I can't remember. :D

    Um yeah language.. Do it.

    I wanted to take French I this semester.. I am still thinking about it, but the class is offered at the same time as Photograpy... :/ Decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the whole language thing is such a great idea to broaden your mind. The hard part is to find the right way to practice it - like Amy said, it's easier when you are immersed or have someone to share it with on a more daily basis. However, if you do it, a trip to, say, the French Riviera may be considered both a chance to really learn AND a reward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'mon Teresa....write something...i'm bored ♥ ☺ ♥

    ReplyDelete